Saturday, May 8, 2010

Yippy Skippy!!!!

We received our I7-- something something, whatever from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services today!!!!! They have ruled favorably and believe John and I are fit to parent an orphan. That was our last hoop. Now on to May 18. I need all my prayer warriors praying the Kami's birth father can be found and appear in court so that we can get my baby girl home.

We received a video of her last week. She has grown so much. She looks so healthy compared to the first pics of her. She is talking quite a bit in the video. At one point in the video she grabs a little cup and says something. Several have said it sounds as if she is saying "I've got a cup." It does sound like that, but I don't think she would be speaking English. She also calls out the name of her nanny who cares for her. I am so thankful to this precious woman who takes such amazing care of these babies and loves them so well! I have to confess that I did have a little pang of jealousy too though. I know that is crazy. Of course, I am immensely grateful for the love she is receiving. I would never wish that she was loved one ounce less. I guess I am simply wanting to hear her voice in person and not on video. I guess I am longing to hear her call for me. Selfish, maybe. True, 100%!

Mallory and I had to run some errands today. We had fun checking out the toddler toy section and the baby department of Target. I must confess that we broke down and bought Kami a pair of flip flops. I am taking a wild guess at the size, but it sure is fun to picture them on her chubby little toddler feet.

John and his dad are outside today digging holes for a fence. I need to give a shout out to my wonderful inlaws. They have generously bought the materials so that we can build a fence. What a blessing that Kami will have a safe place to roam!

No comments:

Post a Comment