Monday, May 17, 2010

The Lost are Found

I received a glorious email from our adoption agency today. No message...just a subject line that read "Kami's father has arrived in Addis!" The reason we did not pass court before was because he could not be found. Well, he has been found and made the 14 hour jouney to the capitol of Ethiopia, Addis, where court will be held in the morning. In a few hours, Kami could officially be a McKibben. I am overjoyed that he was found. I pray for him as he faces the "end" of his decision. I am thankful that he loves her enough to want to provide a better life for her. Please pray for him and for Kami!

I have to confess that God spoke very clearly to me this weekend. I was cleaning the house and my mind was wondering. I began praying for Kami's birth father to be found. Bam...God pops a thought in my mind..."Are you praying this fervently for lost souls, because Kami will come home when it is My time?" Can you say conviction? This waiting game is so hard. I am not saying it is wrong to pray for our adoption and the details of it, but God reminded me, once again, that He is in control! He knows best, and I need to be as fervent in my prayers for lost souls as I am for having details in my life work out the way I wish.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a good story. So glad the lost can be found, both physically and spiritually. Amazing Grace!

    Just a thought, but what are you doing for childcare for Kami when you go back to work next school year? There is a possibility we are moving to Wilmore and I am looking for some work. I wanted to plant that seed with you. If it works out, great. If not, that is okay too. But it never hurts to ask, right?

    I didn't see you on Share Night, but I was in a daze so that doesn't mean anything. I want to tell you again how much I enjoyed having Mallory in class. The parents I did see on Monday night, I gave them a verse to tell their children that I have been praying for them. Here it is: 1 Timothy 4:7,12 "Train yourself to be godly ...Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity."

    God bless you and your family, Tara! Talk to you soon, Kristina

    ReplyDelete