Monday, April 26, 2010

Loaves and Fishes

I have been joyfully pondering the success of our tea fundraiser...all that keeps coming to my brain is loaves and fishes. I am telling you, God's word is so true, and His principles are still the same today as yesterday! He gave a friend the idea for this tea, and He blessed her obedience. He took $25 from four of my dear friends and multiplied it!!! He took the work of my friends/neighbors/coworkers and blessed it! He took an afternoon of fellowship and hard work, and He made it a JOY filled time. He allowed me to serve my sweet, generous friends who are supporting our adoption! Thanks so much to everyone who had a hand in this day: Carrie, for opening your home and for your beautiful prayer and warm hospitality; Brooke,Carrie,and Tracey for working your fingers to the bone makin' those sandwiches; for Cissie, Susan and Kayleigh for baking those delicious cakes; and to every single person who has supported us with your prayers, donations, and love. I am blessed beyond measure!!!! We sat down after cleaning up, exhausted, yet beaming from ear to ear. As we began to open the envelopes, you cannot imagine the tears and laughter that were flowing! Well, if you know me at all, you probably can imagine it, but just multiply that by a few degrees! Jesus always takes what we give Him and multiplies it!!! It is a win-win with Him!!!!

I have to share about some of the day's sweetest gifts. They came from kiddos! Kiddos who emptied their piggybanks and gave all that they had to bring our Kami home! I am so honored to have friends in my life who are raising kids who get it! This is not about me or Kami or our fundraising effort. This is about kids who know how to love and to give better than me. They are like the widow who gave her last coins, and they did it cheerfully! My heart is exploding with love and admiration for these little ones. I feel overwhelmed to think about Kami already having such dear friends.

just sayin'....loaves and fishes....give Him something, and stand back to see what you end up collecting at the end! God is SOOOOOO SWEET and GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment