Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

I love Spring. My sinuses, they are not feeling the love, but I do love the changes that Spring brings...the hope. I love Spring Break too! This year, we had an especially good Spring Break.

We were all (minus Kami) able to go to Jacksonville to visit my mom for Spring Break. It was wonderful to have a quiet, relaxing week with my husband and kids and to spend time with my family! Kami was not physically present, but she was close in our thoughts and hearts! We were able to travel to the Orlando area where our adoption agency, Celebrate Children International, is located. It was neat to have a face to face visit with the people who are helping our family to grow. What a special treat it was to hear from Sue, the agency director, about her interactions and impressions of Kami from her last two visits to Ethiopia! We are told that she is very social! Hmmm... do you think that sounds like anyone you know? :) She loves to dress up. We viewed some especially adorable and hilarious pictures of her wearing a hat, large sunglasses, and a purple necklace. The girl knows how to work it!!! Sounds like her big sister! Sue also told us that Ms. Kami is very smart. While Sue was there, she sat each of the children in a plastic chair to take pictures. A few days after this, she returned to the house. When Kami saw her, she went and got the plastic chair! What a smart girl!!!! I know a boy who loves to pose for pictures too! It is amazing to see how much of a "McKibben" that Kami is already! We also we able to see pictures of Kami with her birth father the day that she arrived at the orphanage. I am so thankful to have these. I know that it will be very special for her to have such pieces of her past.

Our first fundraiser is right around the corner, on April 24th--a Tea. If you would like details about this special event, leave me a comment and I will get back to you right away!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and your growing family! I am not going to be able to come to the tea, and I am REALLY bummed! But I would love to donate some cakes for it if the ladies need them....or maybe we can host a cake party with silent auction for them...like a cake walk I guess. I would love to help in any way the I can! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete