Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scarlett Fever and Ethiopia

I am at home today with Collin, who has scarlett fever. Sounds scary, hu? He has had two doses of antibiotics and seems to feel better already. The doctor said he could return to school tomorrow. The only memories I have of scarlett fever are from Little House on the Prairie. My memory could be failing me, but I think Mary lost her eyesight after scarlett fever. Thank the Lord for modern medicine and antibiotics. It seems all Collin will lose is one day of school!

On the adoption front, it has been a busy week. Ethiopia has changed it's rules, and families have to travel twice now. We are trying to beat the deadline and avoid this. Our agency is working so hard to help families beat this deadline too. What a job!!! I thought I was overwhelmed.

We managed to gather most of our dossier papers, get all notarized, get them authenticated, and then to get a seal from the secretary of state. Our homestudy has been completed also. If I understand everything correctly, I am waiting on two letters from our adoption agency, then we will have everything we need to complete our dossier. After that, we get a courier to take the dossier to Washington. Finally, the dossier will head to Ethiopia.

We covet your prayers for Collin's quick healing, for Kami's overall well-being, and for all papers to move quickly and effortlessly through this process.

Collin is wondering why I am writing about scarlett fever, and he informed me that i need to change the title to scarlett fever and ethiopia. Done. Thanks, boy child!

No comments:

Post a Comment