Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jumping Hurdles

Our dossier will be fed ex-ed tomorrow to Washington DC, where a courier will take it to the Dept. of State and then to the Ethiopian Embassy. From there, it goes to our adoption agency and then to Ethiopia. Please pray for everything to go smoothly and get into exactly the right hands. We are trying to beat a possible deadline which will prevent us from having to travel twice.

We also received our appointment to go get our fingerprinting done in Louisville.

I feel like these are two big hurdles that we are jumping. I know there will be others, but we are moving forward in the race!


Speaking of hurdles, I am going to jump one right now. This is hard for me to bring up, because it is hard for me to ask for help sometimes. But you see, help is what we need to bring Kami home, and I will give God the glory for every bit of help we get, because all this is through HIM and by HIM and for HIM! So I will swallow my pride and just put it out there. I pray that He is evident in all of this, and that you can understand why we are adopting--to share HIS love and walk in obedience to what HE has called us to. I think I know why HE called us to this even though our bank account says we can't afford it. He did this so that I can take no credit for this plan, and so that the GLORY of GOD will be revealed. He has filled our cup to overflowing. We have a beautiful home, a great support system, amazing family, and so much love to share. He created me to nurture and mother, and this is a way for me to walk in fulfillment, using the gifts He has given me. John is such a great dad, and God sees that his gentle ways and providing spirit are perfect for Kami, and Collin, and Mallory (who will be amazing siblings for Kami).

God blows me away! I love HIM!!!! Everytime I am feeling doubtful about this whole process, HE is so sweet to send something special my way. My 'special somethings' HE has been sending me lately include some awesome (and I mean awesome)gestures from friends. I am so blessed by my friends and how they are supporting us! Everyone is quick to oooh and ahhh over my sweet pic of Kami I carry around! My busy friends have taken time from their schedules to write us letters of recommendation. Several are planning to host parties for us or donate proceeds to us. I could go on and on! I am just plain blown away by their generosity and compassion.

You have to check this out: sweetms.wordpress.com. One of my dear friends, who is also an adoptive parent, is spending countless hours creating and sewing adorable bibs, burpcloths, and clothes. She is selling these goodies on her website and donating to our adoption fund! Now that is selfless.

Another group of my friends are hosting a Mother/Daughter/Women's Tea on April 24. Mark your calendars now. This will be no small undertaking, and it will probably prove to be stiff competition for Martha Stewart. The menu looks fabulous! These neighborhood gals are sacrificing their dollars and time to pull this off! To beat it all, one of them is opening her home for this event. Now that is hospitality. I hope you will all consider coming and bringing your mom or daughter or even "adopting" one for the day.

I am thankful to my friends. I am thankful to my family. I am thankful that God calls me His child. I am thankful that God adopted me into His family. I will end today with words from John 14:18-- "I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment