Thursday, July 21, 2011

Long Time, No Post




It has been way too long, a ridiculously long break since I last posted. We are still here! I have started to post many times, but two things have stopped me. The first, and more trivial reason, I don't love the way my blog looks. I am not extremely computer/technically efficient. I could figure out how to make everything all cute and inviting, but I have not found the motivation. No motivation to beautify blog=No motivation to post on blog. The second, and real underlying reason, is that I have been overwhelmed! I hate to share that in public. I NEVER EVER want to give adoption a bad name, and so I have just chosen to share nothing.

I will begin by saying loud and clear so no one will get the wrong idea--I DO NOT REGRET ANYTHING!!!! Please never assume that a rocky road is one that I would avoid. We love Kami to pieces. She holds the same place in our hearts as Mallory and Collin. We would not change a thing. There is my disclaimer; now I feel like I can explain my overwhelmed state.

Kamise has transitioned very well. She has picked up on the language so well it is ridiculous. I really think she may be a genius, no really,and not just because I am her mom. Kami, Collin, and Mallory have adjusted like any normal siblings, with lots of love and a big dose of sibling rivalry and frustration. John and I have remained stumped on many levels... all of our awesome parenting strategies and wisdom (tongue in cheek) are not as successful in parenting Kamise as they were in parenting our older two.

It has just been a long year, and we are realizing that despite the easy initial transition, that Kami is having some attachment/trauma related issues afterall. This is in addition to me having severe back pain this year, John getting a new job, and Mallory hitting the tween years at full force. Goodness, I sound like I am complaining. Hear my heart, I am not...just being real and transparent.

I have included our celebration video in order to do just that--to celebrate. For all the tears and frustration, there have been double blessings and laughter. My mom is certain that I have added years to my life this year since laughter is healthy. We have certainly had our share of wonder and laughter as we have become a family of five!

Those are all of my words for now. I plan to be better about posting and to continue being transparent about our ups and downs...I just need to process and be able to give my thoughts and emotions the appropriate and adequate expression.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honesty! I think several of us feel the same way. I DO NOT REGRET IT, but boy, is it really tough some days. One of my favorite adoption quotes is: "Adoption is redemption. Redemption is costly." It took Jesus enduring unbelievable torture on the cross to redeem us. I am so thankful that He endured all of that for my soul. Remembering our adoption in light of the gospel pushes me to keep going when I have really tough days. Even though there are so many great times, full of laughter and fun, I pray that one day I will even look back on the tough moments with a resounding feeling of "It was SO worth it!" Because some days I have a hard time truly feeling that! Again, I DO NOT REGRET IT but I find it hard not wishing it could be easier.

    ReplyDelete