Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Look!!!

I stand amazed today...again! Our flights are booked. Kami's furniture is up in her room. Clothes hang in her closet. No, I am not packed yet, but give me a break! Friends, I stand amazed because we are leaving to pick up our daughter only FIVE months and FOUR days after I first boarded a plane for Ethiopia. Isn't that crazy?!? In five months, our world has been turned upside down by a country that I fell in love with and a little girl who captured my heart. Has it been a whirlwind? Yes! Have I been frustrated at times? Yes! Have I wondered, "what am I doing?" Yes! Has God been faithful? Yes! Only God- only a sovereign, personal Lord could orchestrate details like these. Look at how God gave me the gift of traveling to Ethiopia with a friend. Look at how I met my daughter, believing she belonged to another family and having no clue that I would ever adopt. Look at how God moved in my husband's heart at the perfect moment. Look at the generousity of family, friends, and even strangers who have helped us to raise money to pay for the adoption expenses. Look at her bedroom full of beautiful clothes and furniture that were freely given to us. Look at how fast this process has moved.

I am not sure if I have shared this detail or not, but this is an incredible testimony to God's plan... We have neighbors who live about 3 doors down who are also adopting from Ethiopia. It gets better. Shortly after learning that Kami would have fellow Ethiopian neighbors, we find out that she is sharing a room in Ethiopia at the orphanage with these sweet boys who will be her American neighbors. Kami will live in our small town in KY with four kids (the 2 neighbor boys and the 2girls I traveled to get in Jan.) who she also lived with in an orphanage in Ethiopia. Look for God! You will find Him! All we have to do is walk in obedience. It may not make human sense. It may not seem possible. But DO IT! Look for Him and then walk with Him! I have never experienced Him in this way, and now I never want to experience Him in any other way. I want to keep looking and keep walking with Him, because He will work out the details and He will provide. Look for Him...He is there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Tara, how incredibly exciting!!!!!! Praying for you, excited with you, and amazed that you're somehow continuing "normal" life at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete