Thursday, July 15, 2010

I love....

A friend asked me the other day, "What does she do that you love the most? -Something that just melts your heart?"

Where do I begin?

I love that she just sat perfectly still with labored, concentrated breathing as I painted her fingernails and toenails.

I love to hear her say "Mommy", still with her cute little accent.

I love that she chants Collin's name over and over. Her 'l' sound is sooo cute!

I love that she calls Mallory "Sissy".

I love how she lights up and grins from ear to ear everytime her daddy enters the room, and she says, "Hi, Daddy."

I love that she will give us unsolicited kisses, sweet juicy kisses that she plants on both cheeks and then sometimes follows with one on the forehead.

I love the way she puts her arms around my neck and plays with my hair.

I love the way she snuggles in to me as close as she can get when going to sleep.

I love to watch her walk on her tip toes...a new trick.

I love that she loves shoes and clothes and bows.

I love the way she says no, using her new Kentucky accent and sign language.

I love to watch her eat.

I love how her eyelashes curl.

I love that her skin feels like velvet!

I love how she busts a move whenever she hears my musical ringtone.

I love to hear her say "Halelujah" and "Jesus"

I love the way her coarse curls feel against my lips when we are snuggling.

I love the way she giggles when she toots!

I love the way she loves other kids.

I love to hear her say her name.

I love to watch her in the water, even though she scares me half to death with her lack of fear.

I love to hear her talk and sing in her native language, even though I have no idea what she is saying.

I love the way she takes off her shoes before she climbs on furniture, any furniture--even at the doctor's office.

I love the way she commands an audience everywhere we go, because it gives me a chance to encouarage others to adopt.

I LOVE HER! I LOVE HER! I LOVER HER!

I love how loving her, once an orphan, reminds me of My Father's love for me, once an orphan.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, you need to quit writing things that make people cry. Thanks for that post. It was so touching. LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore you for many reasons T, but I love you for loving her so fiercely and with total abandon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! Good to know that she took her shoes off when she was up on my end table! lol We love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! How could one express the heart of a mother any more beautifully? She is such a blessed little girl! How I wish all children could have such loving words written about them!
    And I would love to hear that precious Ethiopian/Kentucky accent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful post for your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete